Friday, January 13, 2012

IPPAI

IPPAI
Found this place out when my friend recommended their ramen. Has been a solid place for noodles since :)!
via. Yelp

Where:  8865 Woodbine Ave, Unit D5
Markham, ON
L3R 5G1
905-470-1688
Price: $$






Table set up

Extensive Ramen Menu


Although they have an extensive menu, most people come for their ramen. It’s the first thing you’ll see when you sit down so most people are automatically hooked in. They have around 10 different premade ramens to choose from; from the ever so famous porkbone soup to the more unusal, squid ink. The first time I was here I tried the spicy soup noodle which comes in a range of levels of spices (1-5) I ordered a 3 at first not knowing the severity of spiciness at each level and the waitress warned me that it was extremely spicy and suggested a Level 1 or even Level 0.5 for me. By then I was a little worried so I opted for the Level 0.5. THANK GOD FOR THAT because it was already hella spicy!

This time around we decided to share a bowl of ramen and then order various rolls on the ala carte menu.
Spicy Salmon Roll in Soy Paper ($6.95)



Personally, I have never seen sushi wrapped in Soy Paper. It definitely did not catch my attention, but the soft soy paper and fresh salmon made up for the looks. It was sooooooooooooo good. I would definitely order this again. 
Crab Meat, Salmon, Avocado, Tempura Bits, Spicy Mayo, wrapped with soybean paper ($6.95)
The yuki roll was not what I had expected. Unfortunately, we didn't ask the waitress how many rolls were included in this and were disappointed when only three tiny rolls came. This roll is good, but I wish they gave more. I would recommend this dish, but it is quite pricey (~$2 for one!!).
Milk Soup Ramen
This was by far one of the best ramen bowls I have had in awhile. The Milk Soup Ramen comes with brocolli, corn, naruto, mushrooms, and cha shu (a tender kind of pork). The soup is absolutely amazing as it adds a ton of flavour.


Our meal!!




Ippai Japanese Fusion Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your love